CALL: 0161 873 8333
Request a free brochure
Request a free design visit
Home Design Visits Available Throughout the UK
Design Visits Available Throughout the UK
Read by Category:
With a noticeable increase in flexible working recently, we have seen changes and advancements in technology and our working environments. By and large, our lifestyles are changing and so, by necessity, are our homes.
Now, more than ever, it’s important to have a space that promotes our mental wellbeing, as well as productivity. Below are some home office design tips to help create a healthy workstation:
1. Bring it to light. Natural light is king but consider the position of your desk so that light is to the side, rather than frontal, to avoid eye strain and headaches. Another tip is to install an anti-glare screen and alter the colour temperature of your device, to reduce the blue light (otherwise known as HEV) and protect your long-term eye health.
2. Clean the deck. Mental wellbeing and productivity do not flourish in chaos. Clear your workspace of unnecessary clutter and consider a pinboard to organise your thoughts and showcase some inspiration. Alternatively, rattan is enjoying a renaissance in interiors so why not incorporate this in the form of a basket or paper tidy?
3. Décor. When it comes to décor, a little bit of colour will go a long way. Blue is the colour of the mind, helping to retain focus, whilst yellow induces emotion, making it a good option for creative industries. If painting is a stretch too far, consider introducing through accessories.
4. Plant power. According to the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), the greatest benefits of indoor plants are improving wellbeing and productivity, followed by their influence on indoor air quality. Reshuffle your indoor foliage so that it cocoons your workspace.
5. Make it personal. Whatever your profession, your workspace should be inspiring. Introduce accessories or personal items that mean something to you. Or if you’re in the business of trying new things, why not consider a standout piece of art or even a gallery wall? For on-trend recommendations, consider abstract face artwork or anything with Japanese influence.
6. It’s all about balance. Regardless of our environment, the best way to safeguard wellbeing is to instil a healthy routine. Many home workers recommend the Pomodoro Technique of breaking the day into working intervals – traditionally 25 minutes – followed by a five-minute break. Whatever method you subscribe to, regular breaks are good for equilibrium.
See our full range of home office designs.
Neville Johnson is rated 9.1/10 on Trust Pilot based on 859 reviews
Please complete your details below. Alternatively call us on 0161 873 8333.
Enter your details in the form below
Please select your title.
I don't have a mobile phone
Design visits are an opportunity for our designers to listen to your ideas, likes and dislikes
and advise on the best way to unlock your home's potential. Whether your space is large, small
or a little bit awkward, a design visit helps visualise the best solution that is unique to you
and your home.
From the moment the brochure was delivered, I was optimistic that we were buying quality. I wasn’t disappointed. All contact made was courteous, polite and clear, with phone calls confirmed by email. In short, we’re really thrilled with our library and it was effortless from start to finish.
Alison Cole, Swinton
From our initial enquiry to the completion of our staircase, we have found all the members of the team at Neville Johnson to be very helpful, courteous and professional in all our dealings. The staircase has transformed our living space. We have been very impressed with this company from start to finish and would not hesitate to recommend them.
Pauline Treston, Northumberland
From the outset of our contract with Neville Johnson, we were supported with design choices, given expert advice and all deadlines were met. Everyone was courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. The craftsmanship is superb; our staircase is now an outstanding feature of our open plan lounge.
Judith Scorer, Stockport
A real easy process, I would really recommend Neville Johnson to anyone. From the first phone call through to a very skilled fitter (who had to go above and beyond with our old house not having one straight line in it) it was all so easy. We couldn’t be happier that we chose to use Neville Johnson.
Richard Smith, Surrey
Our new staircase looks fantastic. We’ve had lots of compliments and it has transformed our hallway. The whole experience was great from beginning to end, from discussing our requirements to the finished article.
Mr & Mrs Begbie, Hampshire
From contacting the company to the point where the cupboards were fitted I was impressed by the whole process. The initial salesperson that visited was knowledgeable and helpful. I would certainly use Neville Johnson again and highly recommend this company.
Mrs S. D, Lincolnshire
The room is transformed and has been hugely admired by family and friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentive and courteous client care – everything went according to plan and nothing seemed too much trouble. They were in regular contact before and after the installation. I would highly recommend Neville Johnson to anyone wanting to transform a room.
Cherry Murdoch, London
From the initial contact with the company to the completion and installation everything was utterly professional; we have no hesitation in recommending the company to anybody. We are so pleased, that Neville Johnson is returning to install a new staircase!
Mr and Mrs Thorpe, Radcliffe
I cannot recommend this company enough. From first contact we received very high quality service. We were informed as to everything that was going on, which was backed up by the necessary paperwork, plans and phone calls. The fitter was competent and the work he did we can’t fault.
Mrs K Holroyd, Wrexham
From the initial meeting with the senior designer to discuss our needs, to the surveyor and then the installer, we were extremely delighted with the end result. The installation process went without any problems. All the staff were very professional and we would recommend Neville Johnson without hesitation.
Rosalind Tunnicliffe, Solihull