CREATE A HOME THAT FLOWS – HOW TO CREATE SEAMLESS DECOR FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER
It’s summer. Bright light is streaming through your home and… you realise you might need to rethink your décor. When taking on this task you need to think about how your home flows from one room to another, whether it’s through colour choices or materials. If you want to change your whole interior scheme for the season ahead it can be difficult knowing where to start. Here are a few helpful tips to get you on your way.
Nam Dang-Mitchell project | Navy and Cream bedding
- Think about the theme or style you’d like to create, for example, country-cottage, eclectic, shabby chic, or ultra-modern and minimalist.
- The style you choose also depends on the type of property you have, whether it’s a London townhouse, new build or old barn conversion. Different homes lend themselves well to different styles. However, you can have an older home with a modern interior or a smaller home with a country house feel.
- Rooms don’t have to look the same but it’s important that they feel connected. The key to this is making sure your chosen theme flows seamlessly from room to room. This can be done using similar colour tones and textures, flooring and statement pieces like mirrors, wallpaper and lighting.
- For example, if you like pastel shades, you may want to paint walls in one room a lovely pastel blue but not carry it on into another. In that case you could simply style the adjoining room in soft blue accents –
smaller pieces of décor such as cushions and throws.
- If you have a minimalist, modern kitchen but want a cosy feel in your lounge, keep the theme going with muted light shades, fuss-free furniture and natural textures for a warm, inviting mood.
There are great ideas online to help you get going but the main thing is continuity. Walk through your home and think about how your theme could work all the way from your living room to your smallest bedroom. Using colour and a few of the same key pieces could help your home flow beautifully.
BACK TO INSPIRATION